Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Results come in time, live the journey!

I hear people all the time talking about how they are doing diets and not seeing results, or they started working out more harder than before but still not showing results.  People, results take time and hard work!  I did a 30 day shred from Jillian Michaels and it was not until the 3rd week I started to show ANY results!  I started to plateau after doing the Six Week Six Pack and knew I had to step up my game.  I joined SurbaFit in October and just starting seeing more results before my surgery in January!  I knew it would be a huge set back to take a month off, but I had no other choice.. the surgery had to be done and the recovery had to be done. 

As many know when you are healing your body craves food, and well I did not make the best choices.  The first week I ate whatever I wanted.. and in that one week I gained it all back!! 






By the second week I started eating healthy again.  The third week I drank nothing but water all day long during and between my meals and started doing light crunches while laying on the couch.  (Sidenote- drinking as much water as possible is the best way to lighten your weight!  You should take your body weight and divide it by 2.  That is how much water you should be drinking!  Doesn't matter if you have to go pee all the time, it's the best for you!)  The fourth week I was going on mile walks during my lunches and continued drinking water and eating right.  Then I was back at SurbaFit and workin' it! 

Trust me, getting back into the work out was not easy but with determination anything is possible!  After watching my ma go through breast cancer I knew that I was very lucky to have caught the precancerous cells early, I knew I had to take care of it immediately, and I knew I was strong.  Going through all this out here without family nearby was tough, but it made me stronger and made me realize that I too am a survivor.  We are ALL survivors, it just depends on the fight you put up in life.  Keep fighting every day to reach those goals!  If you keep at it, you will see those results and they will help push you farther than you ever thought you would go!!

Another water fact:  Drinking cold water will help keep you hydrated, drinking warm water will help keep you full longer.  Sometimes your body thinks it is hungry but you've just eaten.  All you have to do is drink some room temperature water and it will help curb that appetite..  so will the snack defense from Herbalife but that is another story.

Healthy Meal Recipe Idea

Lemon Baked Chicken
Spaghetti Squash
Steamed Veggies (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)

Lemon Baked Chicken (100 calories, 18g protein):
Preheat oven to 375
 
Clean boneless skinless chicken, massage a little bit of olive oil over the chicken and squeeze lemon to season.  (You can add your own seasonings like Italian seasoning, basil, fresh garlic etc.  Try to stay away from salt)
Baked on a cooking sheet for about 20 minutes or until the center is no longer pink.

Spaghetti Squash (42 calories):
Cut the spaghetti squash lengthwise (you can remove the stem first, but don't cut through the ends.)  Scrape out the seeds and fibers using a large spoon. Again, be careful not to break through the ends.  Take one of the halves and put it cut-side-up in a close-fitting microwave dish (such as an oval casserole.) You want it to be as stable and as level as possible. If it isn't, cut a very thin strip of skin from the bottom. Pour 1/2 cup water into the hollow of the squash itself (not into the dish), then place the other half on top cut-side-down.  Carefully place it in the microwave and cook on full power. A small squash (under 1 1/2 lbs) will take about 10 minutes to cook.  To test for doneness, just squeeze the top half gently (wear an oven mitt for this!) If it's flexible, it's likely to be done. Carefully remove the top half to see if the flesh has turned a rich, semi-translucent yellow (as opposed to opaque yellow-white).  Drain any remaining water (there may not be any) and pull out the strands with a fork.  Add cilantro for taste if you would like.  (my favorite thing to add!)

Steamed Veggies (30 calories):
I like to steam organic raw veggies, but you can use the frozen veggies if you would like.  

For organic raw veggies: Boil a big pot of water, one you would use for spaghetti.  Skin carrots and chop into thin slices.  Break cauliflower and broccoli into desired pieces and place into colander.  Season to taste, again try to stay away from salt.  Cover and place the veggies in colander over the boiling pot of water for about 15-20 minutes (until you can stick the fork through the carrots).  

BAM, you have your healthy meal under 200 calories (172 approximately) with plenty of protein and carbs!  You do not need to eat rice to get the carbs.  I learned lately that the abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.  You need to eat a lean meal to lose that fat you are fighting to leave behind!        

 

No comments:

Post a Comment